Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Whether you are crafting your very own wish list, dropping some hints to your significant other or shopping for friends, family and loved ones, the 2nd Street District has you covered. Here’s what’s on our gift guide this year.
1. Prize: We’re swooning over the Fornasetti Baccio lidded candle keepsake ($175) crafted of natural vegetable wax and poured into a glazed ceramic vessel featuring the lithographic image of house muse Lina Cavalieri’s nose and mouth. Master perfumer Olivier Polge crafted the invitingly warm Otto signature scent of the candle. Or, try their Montale Paris eau de parfum spray ($170) with scent notes of vetiver from Haiti, Moroccan cedarwood, patchouli, grapefruit, elemi, and black pepper from Madagascar.
2. HACIENDA: Right in time for Valentine’s Day, Hacienda has launched the new, in-house fragrance, Texas Rose. This is a custom scent developed by HACIENDA using all organic ingredients sourced in Austin. They are launching this product with their essential tin (good for lips, skin and perfume), a sugar lip scrub, and a bar soap – all in time for Valentine’s Day. Coming soon: enjoy this scent and other ones from their collection in a shea butter body cream and sugar body scrub. Honoring the new fragrance and the romantic holiday, enjoy complimentary Bellinis at the shop over Valentine’s Day weekend.
3. SIKARA & CO.: Give the gift of jewelry with the small Criss Cross Heart Wire pendant ($90) from Sikara & Co. Modern and futuristic in design, this pendant was inspired by a trip to Cairo. It’s the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Don’t miss entering their blog contest – each individual who submits an entry receives a gift card and the winner – a piece of jewelry!
4. Jo’s Coffee: Jo’s Coffee will be offering their Monday night special on 2/14. Enjoy 2-4-1 burgers – perfect for a date or hanging with a friend! It’s truly the best-kept burger secret in Austin and the perfect casual spot for a Valentine’s Day celebration.
5. lll Forks: Enjoy the special Sweetheart Menu at lll Forks from February 6th-February 14th. This couple’s menu ($170) includes your choice of salad or lobster bisque to begin, two 6 oz. filets mignon accompanied with two 6 oz. cold water lobster tails for your entrée served with whipped potatoes, off-the-cob cream corn and vine ripened tomatoes and spring onions. For dessert, enjoy a Chocolate Lovers’ treat.
6. Austin Rocks: If you are looking for something special for someone special, Austin Rocks has a variety of gift ideas at a convenient array of prices. From books, pillows, picture frames, coffee cups and more – there’s a little love for everyone at this 2nd Street District gem.
7. Rae Cosmetics: Pucker up! Look and feel extra beautiful this Valentine’s Day with 50% off their Valentine’s Day collection with the purchase of any full price lip color.
8. Milk + Honey: This luxe Austin spa favorite has the perfect Valentine’s Day packages and gift ideas. Give the gift of a hydrating pedicure, facial, couple’s massage – or even a gift card. The options are truly endless when it comes to Milk + Honey and pampering!
9. Teddies for Bettys: Make your Valentine’s Day extra special with new pieces from Teddies for Bettys. This year, we’re shopping gorgeous lace pieces by Envol from Simone Perele Official and new pieces from Marie Joe in Valentine Red.
10. Toy Joy: We truly can’t get enough of Toy Joy! A few things on our gift guide this year for Valentine’s Day: a Giant Heart by I Heart Gus ($99.95), Cockatiel and Parrot masks by Dillon Inc. ($29.95), a Giant Rilakkuma Plush ($199.95), Pixel Heart glasses by Elope ($8.95), Valentine’s Plush items by GUND ($16.95-$21.95), mini red piano by Schylling ($84.95), Animail Heart by Marky Sparky Toys ($11.95), and much more. Be sure to stop by Toy Joy to see the full lineup of Valentine’s Day gifts!